Pyropress is a company offering specialized protection solutions for OEMs, in the oil and gas, utilities, manufacturing, defense and nuclear industries. We provide EXD and EXIA products to achieve our clear purpose of keeping people/machinery safe in hazardous areas.
We are seeking a Technical Sales Engineer and offer an opportunity to join our sales team, working here in Plympton in our purpose-built unit in our recently decorated offices. By joining Pyropress, you will become part of an industry dedicated team. We can offer on job training and work a 4 ½ day working week (38.25hrs) and offer 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays per year.
Assist in the development and performance of all sales activities by become a key member of the sales office to enabling the achievement of the company vision and values and assisting with established plans and strategies to expand the customer base and contribute to the definition of new products.
To enable this your responsibilities, include:
1) Detailed technical assessment of client instrumentation requirements to identify solutions and prepare commercial offers.
2) Providing a professional and excellent level of customer service with existing and new customers. Ensuring 95% of enquiries are dealt with within 2 working days of receipt.
3) Target new accounts across new and existing markets and territories
4) Account management – maintain customer databases, including distributors,
5) Quotation follow up
6) Vendor registration
7) Office based with periodic customer visits and exhibition support in the UK and internationally
8) Cover absence of other team members to maintain quotation response
9) Assist with distributor questions, concerns and product/service queries.
10) Manage customer issue resolution and communicate escalated issues to the Sales Manager
11) Lead the liaison with other functions (such as Production, Engineering and Quality) to keep customers informed of order progress
12) Follow company policies and procedures including export control
Experience of sales in an instrumentation or process control related industry desirable, ideally covering pressure, temperature, level and flow related processes in oil and gas or power generation markets. However, this is not essential as full training will be provided. Candidates should have an interest in mechanical engineering.
Qualifications in science, technical, engineering or mathematics (STEM) disciplines to level 2 or higher.
Experience of customer relationship management.
Demonstrated ability to create and implement the tactics necessary to accomplish goals and objectives
Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, E-mails.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role at this time for overseas applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Quarterly bonus
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Store discounts
- Monday to Friday
All relevant government procedures followed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Plymouth, PL7 4JH: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 01/08/2022
Reference ID: Pyro TSE July 22