Pyropress is a leading UK based designer and manufacturer of weatherproof and ATEX/IECEx/AEx certified switches and transmitters.
An opportunity has arisen for a CNC Machine Operator based at our facility in Plympton, Plymouth.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Team Leader, the successful candidate will manufacture components and products using manual and CNC machining practices.
• Support the Machine Shop Team Leader to achieve team and company objectives within four main areas of focus – Safety, Cost, Quality and Delivery.
• Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to including the completion of risk assessments in conjunction with EHS.
• Operate CNC machinery.
• Operate manual milling and lathe machinery.
• Complete routine tasks such as timesheet entry.
• Inspect and quality-check manufactured components.
• Liaise with the Machine Shop Team Leader on any issues that will affect current requirements and outputs.
• Undertake other tasks as required across the business. These may include, but are not limited to, working in the assembly, stores or test and calibration departments.
• Encourage effective communication across all departments and levels of staff.
• Maintain a good product knowledge product range, as appropriate to each department.
• Demonstrate the Company’s values and behaviours at all times.
• NVQ or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
• Proven experience in a similar role
• CNC operation experience.
• Manual and CNC machining techniques.
• A good knowledge of health & safety regulations.
• An understanding of all roles within the process to achieve outputs.
• An understanding of the processes and the ability to improve them where applicable.
• Experience of individual projects and batch production.
• Computer literate (Microsoft office or similar).
• Ability to interpret drawings.
• Good communication skills and the ability to take and give instruction.
• Ability to embrace and champion change.
We are currently looking to recruit for the above position.
To apply please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match the requirements of the role to HR@pyroban.com.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 9th May 2018.
For further information please contact HR@pyroban.com.