Pyropess is a UK designer and manufacturer of flameproof, intrinsically safe and industrial switches, transmitters and valves. For over 70 years we have built a solid and impressive reputation for high quality, reliable and durable products which are available with SIL 2 certification. Made in Britain, our products are used in a wide range of traditional and new exciting industires which has helped us evolve to offer new technologies, materials and designs to the market.
We are recruiting for an experienced Product assembler to join our Assembly team. The sucessful candidate will be using assembly skills and company procedures to build products to the expected level of quality and safety. A keen eye for detail, good communication and the ability to make good judgments are key characteristics for this position.
The candidate will need to have previous experience in the manufacturing industry with proven mechanical and electrical assembly skills, the ability to interpret wiring and assembly drawings, as well as have a working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
We offer a basic salary of £25,844 (dependant on experience) a working week of 4 ½ days (38.25hrs). A benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, retailer discounts, health cash plan, Cycle2Work scheme, 5% employer pension contribution, life assurance and employee assistance programme.
• Assemble and test products to a high standard in all build sections using work instructions and drawings.
• Use good judgment to ensure all parts used are of the correct quality and are fitted correctly within the time scales required. Whilst ensuring cleanliness of workplace.
• Inspection of components and assemblies using various measuring equipment and gauges, recording results and document control of measurements and certification relating to orders.
• Maintain a good knowledge of the product range.
• Packing products for dispatch on completion of assembly and testing.
• Liaise with the team leader on any issues that will affect current requirements and outputs.
• Encourage effective communication across all departments and levels of staff.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures, including health and safety and quality assurance.
• Work flexibly and help other departments as required and carry out other reasonable duties as requested.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Experience in the manufacturing industry with proven mechanical and electrical assembly skills.
• A desire to make a positive contribution to the Company by maintaining and improving quality standards.
• The ability to work with minimum supervision and to high standards of cleanliness and quality.
• Ability to interpret wiring and assembly drawings.
• Practical, evaluation and analysis skills.
• A working knowledge of Health, safety and Environmental regulations.
• Communication and instruction skills
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office or similar)
Please note that we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role, please do not apply if you do not have the right to indefinite stay.